Saturday 24 June 2017

Fathers Day Rainbow

Just For Dad

I was going for something quite simple this year for dad's card and this is what I came up with.

First I created the background with what I call the colour swipe technique (not too sure what's it's really called). Then I stamped the tree and thought it was a bit to low so added the birds from the retired up up and away stamp set. After that I stamped the sentiment and die cut it with the banner from the cup cake cutouts die set. All complete within about half an hour.

I've made my dad a few cards over the years but this year was the first time he looked at it and said it was very nice.



The materials used are:
Card stock: Very vanilla
Ink: Early espresso, Crushed curry, rose red, soft sky, so saffron, wild wasabi
Markers: Garden green
Stamp sets: Guy greetings, lovely as a tree, up up and away (retired) 
Framelits: Cup cake cutouts

Will be back again soon with more cards

Love Annette x

I have never enjoyed a hobby more and would love to help you get started. If you'd like to have a go and live in the Walsall area of the West Midlands contact me and I would be happy to help you. Click the Contact Me above for how to get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment